Notepad is a light, speedy text document editor that allows you to create quick notes or long journals for daily activities right on your Windows Mobile Phone. There are many alternatives of Notepad Mobile. But if you are looking for stable, hassle-free, low on memory usage, fast to load text editor, Notepad Mobile is your answer.
The application has been developed keeping in mind what Microsoft would have done if it designed a Notepad for Windows Mobile. It would also have had been basic, fast to load and pure text editor.
- It is a standalone executable (no installation required).
- It’s Free
- Open, create and save text files and any other text-based files like HTML files and XML files.
- Supports cut/copy/paste by right click (tap and hold on text area).
- Advanced and easy-to-use “Find and Replace” feature with in-line highlighting that is robust and works well with large files.
- Fullscreen support. More space for editing text than most other editors.
- Supports zoom-in and zoom-out for better readability or to fit long text.
- Change between fixed-width and variable-width font styles.
- Text input area resizes as-per SIP (virtual keyboard) space and available screen size.
- Supports both vertical and horizontal screen orientation.
- Easily integrates with “open-with” explorer plug-in, “Send-to” feature of gsFinder and with other file explorers.
- It is a standalone executable (no installation required.)
- Extremely light-weight, with minimum memory consumption and comparatively faster to load.
- Does not “lock” a file while it is being edited.
- Works with .NET Compact Framework 2.0 or above and is compatible with Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5.
- Extremely light-weight and with minimum memory consumption
How to install: Extract and copy Notepad.exe on your device and run it from there!